Here are just a few of the testimonials from sales I have managed:
Jerry was wonderful to work with from even before the sale started. Jerry was incredibly responsive to our inquiries and provided suggestions based on our inventory mix, clientele, labor available, etc. This was my first liquidation sale to work through and he made things much, much easier.
Jerry could competently delegate projects to store staff through and outside of the management team to ensure a high level of engagement throughout the sale. Jerry summarized, on a regular basis, upcoming questions, moves, and recommendations in a tidy email to myself and the store owner. We’d highly recommend using Jerry and DWS in the future to anyone who would have to go through this process.
John S. – Wisconsin
After 50 years in business we decided to have a Retirement/Closing Sale.
We had heard and wittnessed a closing sale done by DWS Retail Sales, Inc..
We made the call and talked to Mr. Del Stortzum, the owner. He answered all our questions on the phone and sent a packet to us in the mail. We wanted
the sale to start as soon as possible.
DWS had a plan, calendar time table and a consultant ready to arrive in one week. The DWS consultant took care of everything and all we had to do was greet and be interviewed by TV and
newspaper journalists. Free advertising on news hour programming, honoring Pope’s Hobbyland 50 years run.
The DWS consultant handled all fixtures and shelving sales. We said thank
you and greeted our customers for the last shopping spree. The sales were
great and fast.
We highly recommend DWS to handle your sale with confidence and trust.
Warren & Audrey P. – Wisconsin
A huge “Thank You” for a very memorable successful “Retirement Sale”!
Keith and I wanted to retire, needed to retire, but both of us were scared
to death. Del came over to our hardware store, fighting traffic on the
Fourth of July weekend. He was full of great ideas, took hundreds of pictures,a lot of morale support and much more. I called Del many times
for professional advice and a lot of personal caring too!
A few weeks later, Jerry appeared for almost 2 months of hard work.
We thought it would be total chaos, but “Jerry knew everything”! After
5 days of preparation, “it all broke loose”.
Jerry wrote all the advertisements for the newspapers, radio and handouts. He knew what percentage to do when, he just knew everything. Jerry arranged merchandise for the best sale and did the “dirty work” of taking bids for large displays, shelving, machinery, etc..
We reached our monetary goal, plus MORE! It all ended so perfect!
Jerry was impressed with the love and caring among our employees. He
will always remember our “group love hugs” at the end of every day.
We will never forget Jerry and we are sure he will never forget the Miller’s at Danville, Ohio and group love hugs. God Bless and thank you so very
2 weeks after closing, a surprise retirement party for us was attended by
almost everyone in and around Danville.
Keith & Barb M.- Ohio
I knew that I did not know how to execute a liquidation sale so I hired DWS. After the sale I have the following thoughts to pass on to others.
• Once the sale begins it is important to keep the community excited about coming in and buying. I saw the DWS consultant in action to keep things moving. Daily sales slowed and he knew when to take action and what action to take to keep momentum and maximize sales.
• When we as owners enter into a liquidation we know all about selling our product, but
not liquidation. We do not know what we do not know! Having a leader who has personally done liquidations fifty times before me makes things go smoothly and in a predictable time frame. If the schedule would have not been met then I would have had large financial consequences. It is hard to imagine what could go wrong until you have brushed past it obstacles with a huge sigh of relief.
• We as owners do not take into account our emotions that will be involved in destroying a store that we have tried so hard to make work. Also our employees have the same feeling of loss. We all have to think of our financial futures. These emotions clutter our ability to be at our sharpest during the liquidation.
• What about fatigue? This is a time when we have never worked harder physically. We hurt in the evenings and have to sustain this for 30-45 days. This further affects our ability to do something new like a liquidation.
• I had a full time job before the liquidation began! Not to mention family! Having DWS onsite every day enabled me to do what I had to and not worry about pushing daily sales.I helped all I could but I did not have an extra 50 hours per week to “be a working leader”of the sale. I never thought of the constant re-set involved in making the remaining items sellable.
In summary, I am extremely thankful for DWS. It was perhaps the best money I ever spent in retailing.